Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Bunny Garland

Since St. Patrick's Day and Easter are so close together this year, I decided to forget about St. Patty's and go straight to decorating for Easter.  Sorry, but I don't have any Irish lineage.  My five-yr-old is perhaps disappointed about this since green is his favorite color, but in my opinion, Easter wins.  Besides, we are in charge of bringing drinks to his school's St. Patrick's Day party and I'm pretty sure I can redeem myself in his eyes with some green Gatorade and green shamrock pancakes on Sunday.
Anyway, last year's Easter garland craft turned out to be too delicate to last more than a year (it was string dipped in glue and wrapped around water balloons to make eggs - a serious pain), so I made a new one.  I loved all the variations of bunny-butts with cotton ball tails so I made my own template and got to work.  I don't have a die cutter or access to one, so I traced and hand-cut all 30 bunnies.  I used 1" white pom-poms for the tails, punched holes in the ears and strung them on some plain white grossgrain ribbon.  The bunnies are made out of colored cardstock, which I am regretting a little bit.  I like this garland so much, I wish I had made it out of something that would last a little longer.  Maybe when this one gets faded, I will remake it out of felt or foam.

I had a hard time finding a suitable template so I am posting my own here, should anyone else want to use it.  (Click on it to enlarge it, then right-click to download.)

23 comments:

  1. This bunny is so cute!! I have had a hard time finding one I like too, but yours is perfect! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the template!!! I am using it for my daughter's birthday invitation...she insisted on bunnies:o) This one is perfect...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I've been looking for a bunny template just like this. It's my daughters 2nd birthday and she loves bunnies so we are going to do pin the tail on the bunny. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for posting this template it just the right for size for my seniors to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for the template! I've used it to make a bunny canvas! your garland looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. found the template useful and after I saved I was able to make smaller or larger it's great again thank yoou

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your template and garland! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I painted a wooden pallet sign using your bunny template as a stencil. Thought I would ask here first before I tried to sell it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh que bello, gracias por compartir. Desde Chile, muy agradecida

    ReplyDelete
  10. How do you get these off your phone?? I'm new to this, tia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the template. It was just perfect after a lot of searching!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this bunny - many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That bunny banner is so cute.Thank you for the template.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for allowing us to use this super cute bunny design! X

    ReplyDelete
  15. such a great information for blogger i am a professional blogger thanksalmonds bad for dogs

    ReplyDelete

È